MANAGER, SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT SERVICES – READVERTISEMENT
Designation: MANAGER, SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT SERVICES
January 4, 2021
MANAGER, SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT SERVICES (RE-ADVERTISEMENT) JOB REFERENCE: EWASCO/HR/002/2020
Embu Water and Sanitation Company LTD, a public water utility company fully owned by the County Government of Embu and with a mandate to provide water and sanitation services in Embu County is seeking to recruit a self-driven individual for the position of Manager, Supply Chain Management Services, Job Group 4 . The successful candidate will report to the Managing director and be responsible for planning, coordinating and monitoring the work of procurement activities and ensures that the organization secures best deals for products and services it purchases and that products and services are availed to the users in a timely manner so as to avoid service interruption.
Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities –
Recommend departmental policies, plans and guidelines and implements EWASCO organizational policies and procedures for department.
– Develop work plans and budgets for the Department for approval.
– Prepare draft Board management papers for approval.
– Manage Contracts and Negotiations with suppliers.
– Oversee opening and evaluation of Quotations, Tenders, Proposals and Expressions of Interest.
– Participate in the development and review of the Institution’s strategic plan
– Participate in various committees in the Institution.
– Undertake Performance Management Reviews and acts as reviewer for staff within department.
– Manage staffing, development for procurement teams; motivates and develops project and team leaders i.e. evaluation committees; promotes teamwork to ensure effective work relations within department.
– Coordinate staff and ensures all activities in the procurement department run as scheduled by establishing process of setting targets within department and work towards their achievement.
– Coordinate regular meetings with staff and user departments to discuss department’s performance and resolve any issues in procurement process.
– Mentor and coach departmental staff. – Oversee day-to-day management; control the operations within department, including deployment of staff and physical resources
Operational Responsibilities / Tasks
– Develop Procurement Budget and ensures efficient management of available resources including deploying the department budget.
– Ensure that funds are available for any procurement under consideration.
– Recommend the best procurement methods; defines and communicates rules for supplier bids and ensures competitive procurement in the organization.
– Verify all procurement and disposal activities in accordance with the Public Procurement Act and EWASCO manual and policies.
– Review all records of purchased goods, including costs, deliveries and inventories and ensures maintenance of accurate and up-to-date information concerning department.
– Analyze and evaluate historical and market information provided to assess purchasing decisions and recommend improvements. – Participate in price negotiations and manages high impact purchases.
– Monitor quality of purchased goods and services vis-a-vis the requirements and assists in solving major supplier problems.
– Monitor implementation of the procurement Quality Management System. – Develop and implement all EWASCO departments’ procurement plans.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
The appointment will be for a contract term of 3 YEARS renewable subject to satisfactory performance evidenced by continuous achievement of performance targets.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS Application packages in sealed envelopes which include a cover letter, CV of not more than 5 pages and certified copies of certificates and testimonials should be sent by email to: –
The Managing Director
Embu Water and Sanitation Company LTD
EWASCO House, Off Meru-Embu Road
P.O. Box 2142, 60100 EMBU
Using the email Recruitment@embuwater.co.ke before the expiry of the closing date (18th January 2021, 17:00 Hours) with the VACANCY NUMBER as the email subject.
– Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
-Canvassing in any way will lead to automatic disqualification CLOSING DATE: 18th January 2021, 17:00 Hours
Qualification / Requirements
PERSON PROFILE - A Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain management, Procurement and Contract management, Purchasing and Supplies or its equivalent from a recognized university or Bachelor’s degree in any area with a Post Graduate Diploma in Supply Chain management, Procurement and Contract management, Purchasing and Supplies - A master’s degree in supply chain management, Purchasing and Supplies or its equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution will be an added advantage. - Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies Member of KISM or CIPS and other relevant professional bodies in good standing. - Minimum 5 (five) years’ relevant work experience with a public utility or service company - Must satisfy the requirements of chapter six of the constitution of Kenya on Leadership and integrity through provision of;- (i) Current certificate of good conduct from Directorate of Criminal Investigation Department. (ii) Current Tax compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority. (iii) A clean and current report from an approved credit reference Bureau (CRB). (iv) Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC). (v) Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB).