Why must you use water efficiently?
It reduces your water bill
- It reduces the cost of water purification and maintenance costs.
- It makes water available for our increasing population so that EWASCO and the Embu County government can supply water to others who might not have a reliable water supply
- Ensuring a continuous uninterrupted supply of water in the future
How to conserve water without necessarily changing your lifestyle?
- Install water-saving shower heads and flow restrictors
- Take short showers or, if you want a long soak, take a bath
- Repair leaking/dripping taps
- Turn the tap off when you are brushing your teeth
- Buy water efficient devices (small shower heads etc.)
- Rinse vegetables in a full sink or pan of water.
- Use a broom instead of a hose to clean your driveway and sidewalk
- Wash a car on the lawn using a bucket instead of the hose
- Rainwater harvesting